Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mid Suffolk: are local Tories lost and confused?

I have returned to Suffolk to be greeted by a piece of post, indeed a glossy A3 leaflet wrapped in polythene, extolling the virtues of Dr Daniel Poulter.

Dr Poulter does give 'good leaflet' and there are pictures of him with various Suffolk folk, fighting to defend Ipswich Hospital, campaigning for proper labelling of bacon, attending a fish and chip supper, all of that sort of stuff. He tells me, as does the Chair of the Central Suffolk and North Ipswich Conservative Association, that he will be proud to represent us in Parliament.

There has to be a catch of course, and I wouldn't be writing this if there wasn't. And that catch is that young Daniel won't be representing me if he wins in May. That's because the entire Parish of Creeting St Peter was transferred into the Bury St Edmunds constituency in the recent boundary changes, where David Ruffley is defending a 10,000 majority over Labour.

Of course, if the Conservatives had local activists who delivered their leaflets, instead of relying upon the Royal Mail, they'd know that... Which reminds me, I've got a leaflet delivery to finish...

No comments: