Friday, March 12, 2010

I think that I shall never see...

I'm in Birmingham in advance of the Spring Conference, but I'm not exactly slacking.

Ros is working, and as a result, we're getting to see what the City Council is doing. Our first stop was Alexander Stadium, and the parkland surrounding it, for a tree planting event. To encourage children to take an interest, schools are encouraged to send groups to take part, so we were surrounded by small children armed with spades and a steely determination to make sure that their tree stayed planted.

It was raining, but that will only ensure that the roots are properly nourished...

One last comment though. It was interesting to watch the girls getting stuck in, wanting a spade of their own, whilst the boys tended to stand around, looking at their hole. But there were more young people in my near future...

1 comment:

Jennie Rigg said...

"the boys tended to stand around, looking at their hole"

No change there then. ;)