Monday, February 01, 2010

'Liberal Bureaucracy' numbers for January 2010

Yes, it's February already, and as this seems to be something that allows people to judge if this blog a success, and is entirely objective, here are the figures for January...
  • 2210 visits, up from 1462 last month (a 53.9% improvement on last month) but down from 2262 in January 2009 (a 2.3% fall)
  • £0.73 of advertising revenue, up from £0.40 last month (a 82.5% improvement!) but down from £1.58 in January 2009 (a 53.8% improvement).
I'm now expecting to qualify for my first cheque from Google Adsense in February 2012...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe you should put up a tipjar instead of having adverts? See: http://tipit.to/

If I had a blog and the adverts were getting me chickenfeed I would take them down, because Google ads look a bit ugly IMHO.

After all, in January you only earned 0.07 pence (not pounds!) per visit...

Unknown said...

Clarification: when I mentioned January in my comment I meant January 2009 (the month with the highest advert income of the ones you mentioned).

Mark Valladares said...

Niklas,

I see your point, although having set up Google Adsense, it requires no work on my part. Indeed, the advertising revenue from my other blog has so far covered 15% of this year's precept increase for the Parish Council.

Besides, it may be a very small amount, but one day, if this blog makes it into the top 100 political blogs (one should be ambitious), I might actually make some money...

Unknown said...

Which is your other blog? I had no idea you had two.

Indeed, the advertising revenue from my other blog has so far covered 15% of this year's precept increase for the Parish Council.

Does that mean that the precept increase was tiny or that your other blog is very successful? ;)