Saturday, May 07, 2011

The world has not ended, and a new day dawns...

The sun is shining, the birds are still singing, and I'm still a Parish Councillor for my small, but perfectly formed village. Admittedly, I'm not the District Councillor, but it was always a bit of a longshot.

However, I do find myself with a bit of a dilemma. Ros and I have been together for nearly four years now, and have been campaigning for all of that time, and find ourselves at a bit of a loose end. Actually, that isn't really true. Ros has her work in the Lords, of course, and as a member of the House of Lords Appointments Commission, and I have a job, a Parish Council and a Regional Party to tend to, as well as my share of the housework, so I'm not exactly without things to do.

And I've been out already, tidying the Parish noticeboard, where one of my new neighbours stopped me to say hello and offer her commiserations on my non-victory (it certainly wasn't a defeat as far as I'm concerned). Indeed, she has given me something to think about in terms of what I might do to help our village community over my four-year term as a parish councillor.

I've also picked up on the backlog of tasks for the Regional Party, although that's a bit dull for inclusion in this blog entry. Bureaucracy isn't always fun, you know... but with Beethoven's 'Eroica' Symphony playing in the background, it's time to stop moping and start doing again...

No comments: