Thursday, January 29, 2015

Time for another journey - London to New Delhi via... Helsinki, obviously...

I am an inveterate traveller. In some ways, the actual journey is almost as anticipated as the destination, especially as I do like to find less obvious ways of getting from A to B - London to Pula via Stuttgart and Zagreb, or London to Copenhagen via Brussels and Hamburg, to name but two trips in the recent past.

So, having decided that a trip to visit my family was overdue, I searched for airfares and, taking into account convenience of flight times, airline reputation and so forth, I came to the conclusion that the best option was, somewhat unexpectedly, Finnair.

And yes, I had considered British Airways (too expensive), Turkish Airlines (nasty arrival and departure times in Mumbai), Lufthansa (expensive and not that convenient), Ethiopian Airlines (awful connection in Addis Ababa) and a raft of others, but Finnair, whose flight arrives in New Delhi at 6.35 am and departs again at 10.40 am, offered that optimal combination of comfort, timing and affordability.

So, I'll be on a British Airways flight out of Heathrow Terminal 3 in an hour or so (it's a Finnair code share flight as they're both part of the One World alliance) and I'll be back soon enough. Don't worry, I won't be silent whilst I'm away...


No comments: