Tuesday, April 05, 2011

The joys of Google on the campaign trail...

One of the things that I like to do at the beginning of a campaign is check out my opponents, if only to get to know them better. Admittedly, I know the incumbent Conservative quite well, in my capacity as one of my village's parish councillors.

I was, however, interested to find this article from the BBC News website. I already knew that Caroline was fighting to save her local Household Waste Recycling Centre, but perhaps she ought to be a little more cautious with the media in future. If she was, she might not make comments such as;

"It's also an environmentally poor idea. I live in Eye and the tip is a 15 minute round trip away."

"If that tip was to close I would have to drive all the way to Stowmarket, and that's a 30-mile round trip."

Given that she represents Stowupland ward, whose boundary is just 200 metres from the Stowmarket Household Waste Recycling Centre, perhaps she shouldn't emphasise just how inconvenient it is for her...

No comments: