Saturday, September 28, 2013

@MidSuffolk District Council - really that useless?

Ros approaches with a piece of paper.

"I thought that we'd paid this already.", she says, slightly irritated.

"What is it?", I ask, puzzled.

"The Garden Waste Collection Scheme renewal.", she replies, waving two pieces of paper, one of which bears a hand written note in my writing, indicating that it was paid in mid-August.

I stare at it, slightly perplexed. I then check our bank accounts, confirming that no such payment has left our bank accounts. I prepare to go back to their Customer Service Direct website to pay it again, but something tells me to check. There'll be an e-mail confirmation of the transaction, won't there?

I check my back e-mail and there, in my unfiled old e-mail folder, is an e-mail from them, confirming that, yes, I did attempt to pay, and yes, they would be processing it. How long does it take to process a payment? Is a week reasonable, or a fortnight? Perhaps, but forty-six days (and counting)?...

So, I have written a slightly annoyed e-mail to them, with a copy to my invisible District Councillor. Let's see how long it takes them to respond...

No comments: