Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Social media and councillors - thank you to Auntie Helen...

'Connected councillors - a guide to using social media to support local leadership' doesn't sound like the most exciting read in the world and, indeed, it isn't likely to be hugely sought after by the populace. However, it has suddenly become interesting, not because I have an urge to be difficult, but because I want to be absolutely sure that, as a parish councillor, I don't do anything stupid. But, having given some thought to my parish council's new social media policy, I wanted to know more about the background to such documents.

My first thought was to visit my District Council's website, on the basis that they probably have a policy for their councillors. Well, if they do, it wasn't easy to find, so I gave up. Instead, I typed 'social media policy for councillors' into Google and came up with the following linkYes, once again, Liberal Democrat Voice, in the person of Helen Duffett, came up trumps.

Something to read on Thursday, I think...

No comments: