Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Creeting St Peter: rushing headlong into the 21st century...

I have, in the past, indicated that there is something of a difference of opinion locally regarding social media here in deepest mid-Suffolk. But, perhaps no longer...

Alongside my agenda for next Monday's meeting was notice of a communication policy for the Parish Council and, most intriguingly, a social media policy. I did, I admit, fear the worst - I wasn't the only one to feel that way - but in the spirit of goodwill, I thought that I ought to wait for it to turn up before getting too aerated.

And now they have. I do have a problem here, because, due to existing policy, I'm not sure that I can discuss the proposals on this blog - it certainly hasn't been encouraged in the past. However, the documents appear reasonable so far, although it would be useful to talk to other blogging councillors to see what their councils have to say on the subject.

So, I'll be doing some research over the coming days, just so that I have a better idea as to what is possible and what might be of concern. In the meantime, I've got some revision to be getting on with.

No comments: