Monday, November 01, 2010

Regional Secretary: still crazy after all these years?...

And as my first term as East of England's Regional Secretary headed towards a close, was I going to get a second term. Was I even going to seek another? Questions, questions as Ros and I headed towards Huntingdon and our Regional Conference...

So, on arrival, I made my way towards Alan Window, our Returning Officer, graciously giving up a day at his own Regional Conference to help us out. No, not a single nomination for Secretary, so it was clearly down to me. I needed two nominators, so I did what any gentleman would do, and sought out the two senior members of our County Party - Ros and Andrew Phillips, who kindly agreed to sign.

Nomination papers signed, sealed and delivered to the Returning Officer, I waited whilst he confirmed that all was in order, and returned to the Conference Hall...  

1 comment:

Nigel Ashton said...

Don't keep us in suspense Mark - is there a contest or were you re-elected unopposed?