Sunday, November 07, 2010

Delivered to my door - the first step towards the future...

I have recently been introduced to Serif PagePlus, the leaflet design software of choice amongst Liberal Democrats, and have happily designed my leaflets with it, having been given a basic training course by Kathy Pollard, our County Group Leader, and borrowed ideas from Andrew Aalders-Dunthorne, our neighbouring Parliamentary candidate earlier this year in Central Suffolk and North Ipswich.

However, I was looking at the ALDC website the other day, and noticed that technology is moving on, to the extent that the new product, PagePlus X4, is going to be cutting edge soon. There was even a discount on offer if I purchased it using their link. So I have done, and a package arrived this morning, courtesy of the Royal Mail.

I've loaded it onto my PC in the office, and designed my first document, a manifesto for Ros. She wrote the text, I artworked it so that it looks pretty, added a photograph, and we're done.

And now, I have some time to practice with it, before the next leaflet needs to be prepared...

No comments: