Wednesday, October 13, 2010

ELDR - it'll be just fine, there's a bureaucrat in town...

Welcome to... Helsinki, capital of Finland. I'm in town for the ELDR Congress, it's late in the evening, it's cold, and I'm trying to escape the airport in an attempt to reach the warmth of my hotel room.

Unfortunately, ill health means that Ros can't be here with me, which means that this is the biggest political 'gig' that I've done without her since we met, so you'll understand why I'm a mite nervous. I'm sure that I'll handle it though...

My hope is to provide up to the minute hour or so, maybe, commentary on events here, as there's little enough chance of your finding out what happens otherwise. And although I haven't got my laptop with me, given Finland's enthusiasm for mobile phone technology, I'm sure that my BlackBerry will be up to the task.

I'd better get some sleep though, as I'm staying at the airport tonight, and the delegation meets at 8.45 tomorrow morning...

No comments: