Saturday, April 03, 2010

A genteel opening in North Yorkshire...

So, for me, the campaign is underway. And despite the less than entirely cooperative weather, cold, wet and windy, it's gone well so far. I beat Ros to Harrogate by about fifty minutes, and used the time profitably, buying a couple of sweaters in Gap (mid-season sale, got a bargain) and then found the suit I need for a wedding later this month. But there was work to do, and once Ros arrived, we were taken to the campaign HQ by Claire Kelley, our PPC who hopes to succeed Phil Willis. We met with some of the local members and councillors, who were doing some of the crucial clerical jobs, and I was able to stuff some envelopes intended for the deliverers. After tea, it was time to head for Saltergate ward for a spot of delivering before I shot a brief video with Claire and Ros. Phil will be a tough act to follow, but I found Claire to be very likeable. Harrogate and Knaresborough will be in good hands if they elect her.

No comments: