Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Delivering for the one, the only, Willie Rennie!

It's a surprisingly long way from Redcar to Dunfermline, but for Willie Rennie, no journey is too long. And with daylight saving time, there was still plenty of time to get some photographs and deliver some leaflets.

I have to admit that I didn't know Willie before he won his 2006 by-election, but everyone who knew him told me what a great guy he was, especially in North Cornwall (and they're a tough crowd down there, let me tell you!). Since then, whenever I've run into him, he's demonstrated exactly why he inspires such loyalty.

Willie led a group of local activists, and ourselves, to Abbeyview, in Dunfermline South ward, to deliver some leaflets. I have to admit that Abbeyview is a bit different from Creeting St Peter, but Fife Regional Council is doing its best to improve the housing stock, and there are plenty of people who clearly take pride in their homes.

One thing I did notice is the astonishingly regular bus service. It seemed that everywhere I went, there was a bus coming down the street, or another in the distance. Yes, most of them appeared to be pretty empty, but on an Easter weekend, that isn't necessarily a surprise.

But back to Willie, and it was nice to make a contribution, albeit a small one, towards helping him to get re-elected. And, if you're in the neighbourhood, why not drop in, as I can guarantee that he'll make good use of your time...

1 comment:

Cllr Keith Legg said...

Thanks for spending a wet Saturday afternoon with us - it was great to meet you and Ros. There's a real well of support for Willie in Dunfermline and he is someone who is genuinely liked across party lines. I'm looking forward to the celebrations on May 7th!