Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Doggedly finishing my deliveries in Stowupland...

I had made a pretty good start on the delivery of my second Focus in Stowupland and Creeting St Peter, but the most labour intensive bit was still left undone. I can walk most of my patch, but there are a significant number of outlying houses, detached from the two village centres, and they vote too. So, despite a degree of tiredness after an arduous weekend, Ros and I got into the car yesterday afternoon, and I was driven to the north-east corner of the ward.

Actually, it's my favourite part of Stowupland, as there are a number of houses with big, friendly dogs and, whilst I'm a cat person rather than a dog person, I'm comfortable with them. So I walk up the drive, with a leaflet in one hand, the other ruffling the ears of a labrador or, in one case, two Burmese mountain dogs. The residents seem to like it and, as they don't get many strangers visiting, it makes a good impression on them, and gives me an opportunity to say hello.

And, before too long, the last leaflets were delivered, just in time to avoid being counted towards our General Election campaign in Bury St Edmunds...

No comments: