Friday, August 07, 2009

Considering myself part of the furniture...

The busy life of a Parish councillor leaves little time for a social life, so it was nice to take in some culture on Wednesday evening, as Ros and I went to see 'Oliver' at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane.

I'm not wholly convinced about musicals, and the tickets weren't exactly cheap, but I have to admit to having rather enjoyed myself. Omid Djalili makes for a pretty good Fagin, and can sing well enough, the kids are enthusiastic and the set is almost worth a ticket in its own right.

There is an irony, in that Londoners have all of this culture on their doorsteps, and only really appreciate it (or take advantage of it), when they move away. It's something that I want to do more of, and I really have no excuse now.

No comments: