Monday, March 02, 2009

Monday morning - Colchester Station

Somehow, I'm not convinced that Simon and Garfunkel would have been especially inspired by such a scenario although, as if in consolation, the sun is shining.

Unusually, my inward journey from mid-Suffolk is delayed by both a signal failure at Colchester and a bridge strike at Kelvedon, so I may be pretty late this morning.

My fellow passengers this morning in seats B9, 10, 13 and 14 are a Chinese couple and their astonishingly cute child, and a young lady reading a book entitled 'Situating Postcolonial Studies'. Me, I'm just reading The Times, doing the puzzles and thinking about ringing my boss to tell him how late I'm going to be...

3 comments:

Jennie Rigg said...

Damn you, First Lady!

You're a bugger for getting songs in my head, you are...

* sotto voce *

Sittin' in the railway station
Got a ticket for my destination, mmm...

Mark Valladares said...

In this instance...

"Standing at the railway station, got a form here for my compensation..."

Ah well, the age of railway romance is not yet dead...

Jennie Rigg said...

Of course, technically you should have been in Widnes.