Saturday, May 07, 2016

Campaign Diary: Day 2 - a man with a plan

So, I was the candidate. The forms were in, and I was official. So far, so good. But you can't just go out there and 'be the candidate', you have to be organised. So, I did some research and organised my diary, so that I could dedicate the required amount of time to the campaign - there were less than four weeks until polling day, so time is of the essence.

My fellow Liberal Democrats weren't idle either, with a campaign group meeting called, whilst Ros put her vast experience to work on drawing up a strategy document.

We gathered at the home of one of our local councillors and a plan was thrashed out, what we could do, who might do it and when it might be done. The other candidates were briefly discussed and the possibilities assessed before agreement was reached and jobs assigned.

I have an agent, Martin Redbond, who has done this many times, and I have a set of instructions, which I will follow.

The campaign plan? You'll pardon me if I'm not very specific. However, I intend to play my part over the next four weeks, and I'm enthusiastic to start... 

No comments: