Saturday, February 01, 2014

ALDE Election Congress: it's make your mind up time...

Alright, I've asked all of the questions, gained an understanding of the issues, listened to the speeches, even the ones in French. The dynamic duo of Rehn and Verhofstadt have outlined their vision for Europe - one that works towards peace and liberty, one that creates opportunity for its citizens, one that is democratically accountable. They believe in a reformed Europe, run in a spirit of transparency.

I have been impressed by the grace and good humour displayed by Olli Rehn, and the passion and enthusiasm of Guy Verhofstadt, and believe that the team approach offers the best available alternative in the quest for a more liberal Europe.

And so, with apologies to my Party leader, I'm ignoring the entreaties made to oppose the resolution endorsing the joint Verhofstadt/Rehn ticket, and will be casting my vote in support accordingly.

No comments: