Wednesday, May 08, 2013

The long and winding road to ALDE

I am on my way to ALDE Council, scheduled to start in Pula, Croatia, on Thursday evening - there's a drinks reception planned. And so, obviously, I'm in... Stuttgart.

Yes, there is beer, although that's entirely incidental. But I am on an adventure. Having discovered that flights from London to Pula are awkwardly timed, I was inspired to find a 'prettier' route, especially as Ros, who likes travel but not that much, wasn't able to come with me (Queen's Speech, bad flight times). And, after a lot of research, and agonising about connection viability (is fourteen minutes just too tight a connection?), I found a late enough flight to Stuttgart to allow for a London tutorial scheduled to end at 4.30 p.m., allowing me to catch a 9.58 a.m. train to Zagreb the next morning.

And so, with the benefit of some sleep, I'll be off to stare aimlessly out of the train window for eleven hours or so.

It'll be pretty...

No comments: