Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Not a great day in the history of travel...

I am not entirely in a happy frame of mind which, given that I am doing something I enjoy, is less than wunderbar (I'm in Germany).

The first disappointment has come courtesy of Deutsche Bahn and OBB (Austrian Railways), the first of whom has graciously sold me a first class ticket for a through train which, thanks to OBB, does not actually have a first class carriage. I am not impressed.

In fairness, my seat is comfortable, there's plenty of legroom, and the view over the Bavarian countryside is perfectly charming. And, having perused the first class carriage that will be detached at Villach, which is, by comparison, crowded and dirty looking, I may not be missing out on much.

I'll go and grab lunch after we leave Munich, which may help a bit.

The other setback is that, in a fit of genius, I left my Kindle Fire in my hotel room in Stuttgart. Again, this is not fatal, as they are making arrangements to send it back to Creeting St Peter, but my study manuals were in it, as well as some books to read and some games to play.

Ah well, time to concentrate on the journey, I guess...

No comments: