Friday, September 17, 2010

Party Presidency: the timetable and potential hustings

There is a small piece of me that is glad that I'm not involved in what is to follow. However, having been here before, I feel that my role as public information announcer for the contest to come is my contribution to enhancing our internal democracy. The key dates are as follows;

29 September - close of nominations

16 October - issue of ballot papers

10 November - deadline for receipt of ballot papers

13 November - count of ballot at Cowley Street and announcement of result

As for hustings, here are the potential locations...

9 October - Dunfermline (Scottish Conference)

16 October - Brecon (Wales)*, Gateshead (North East) and Nelson (North West)

23 October - Eastbourne (South East)

30 October - Huntingdon (East of England), Mansfield (East Midlands) and Oxford (South Central)

* The Welsh Conference starts on 15 October and ends on 17 October.

The English Party has invited the Regional Parties to bid for the right to host an official hustings meeting, so there'll be more news when I have it.

No comments: