Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Welcome to my freezer, sorry, home...

Ros and I have spent most of the past three weeks in Suffolk, and I have returned to London to find that my house is like a refrigerator. Odd really, because I could have sworn that I had set the timer on the boiler to come on twice a day, heating the house and boiling some hot water to prevent frozen pipes and the like.

It clearly hasn't worked because the temperature in my office (formerly the second bedroom) is akin to being outside. It really is very chilly... So I am reduced to drinking rakia and typing energetically to prevent hypothermia from setting in. Luckily, I've been busy setting in train a co-option for the position of General Executive Member for Liberal Youth.

I am the very model of a twenty-first century Returning Officer, so notice of poll has been by text message, with an e-mail to follow tomorrow morning (strike that, this morning...). The two candidates have been informed, and provided with contact details for the Executive (the electorate in this instance). Hopefully, I'll be able to declare a result in the early hours of Friday morning...

In other news, I've joined LiveJournal. I've found that not being to comment on blogs that use LiveJournal is a bit frustrating and whilst my blog is staying put on Blogger for the time being, who knows what the future holds?
Busy, busy, busy... and now I'm going to find something warm to drink...

1 comment:

Jennie Rigg said...

I found it roasty in your office, so something must have gone cuckoo...