Sunday, July 01, 2007

A Returning Officer returns

So I'm back, and already overstretched...

I was kept busy on European Selection stuff whilst I was away, with steady interest being shown by potential applicants (naturally, I can't provide you with names, numbers, or anything else), hustings to finalise, questions to answer, the usual things. I'm also in the midst of two Westminster selections, and they are ticking along nicely.

However, time and tide wait for no bureaucrat, and I got home to find piles of paper, including application forms for Sunday's candidate development day. They need to be marked (I've got three done, just one left) but today's English Council meeting had to be negotiated first. I'm in the habit of helping Paul Rustad, the English Party's Administrator, to staff registration, and quite enjoy it, as it gives me a chance to meet colleagues from other Regions, and they often find a moment or two to chat.

It wasn't the most thrilling meeting, and I confess to having taken the opportunity to mark some of the application forms during those moments of less immediate personal interest. Afterwards, I spent some quality time with Vanessa McPake, South Central Region's legendary Regional Media Co-ordinator and Regional Administrator, working out what we needed to do in the run-up to the European selection hustings in September and October. It is always nice to work with Vanessa. She gets stuff done...

No comments: