Thursday, June 02, 2016

"Building a Better Walrus" - if in doubt, fight a by-election campaign

Well, there you go. Just when you need something to reinvigorate your diet and exercise regime, a by-election turns up, with plenty of opportunities to walk long distances in the fresh air, doing something useful.

You will recall that April did not go well. Alright, it didn't go badly either, but my weight stabilized rather earlier than I would have liked. So, how did May go?

Much to my great delight, I've lost another 3.9 kgs, or 8.5 lbs, meaning that I have lost 13.3 kgs, or just over 29 lbs since I started on 1 January. And that's means that I've made my target for the wedding in early October. Hooray for me, I'd say.

That said, I'm still carrying a whole lot of weight that I really shouldn't, so the exercise regime will continue. Besides, I've begun to enjoy my 10,000 steps each day, and I'm certainly the better for it.

The good news is that I've got some of my wardrobe back. The bad news is that that means that some of my less restrained shirts fit again... With every silver lining comes a cloud, as they say...


No comments: