Tuesday, March 01, 2016

"Building a Better Walrus" - refurbishment work continues

Two months gone, and despite a food poisoning related glitch which lost me three days, I'm still going strong with the ten thousand steps and nearly two litres of water. Indeed, the steps are averaging over twelve thousand per day. Naturally, losing the will to eat for a week has helped...

And, actually, I'm beginning to enjoy the new regime. I even sneak out into the darkness for an extra two thousand steps or so just because. The diet isn't too stressful, as the extra weight I carry about means that I'm burning more calories - this perhaps explains why my weight had stabilised in the first place. All that I've done is cut out the snacks and made a few substitutions - ham for cheese, for example - or introduced some minor portion reductions. Ros is also being very helpful, encouraging my walks and cooking delicious healthy meals over the weekend.

But, I hear you ask, how have I got on? Is there less walrus in mid-Suffolk? Well, the answer is that I've lost another four kilos, making seven in total, the equivalent of more than a stone in old money. That puts me more than halfway towards my target of losing two stones by early October (and no, I don't intend to change my target yet).

So, a slightly more limber bureaucrat will be seen in York in just over a week. Don't worry, I'll be easily recognisable - I'll be the slightly bemused one nursing a glass of sparkling mineral water...

No comments: