Saturday, January 02, 2016

"I am top of the league, yes, I am top of the league!"

It has never happened before, and it may never happen again, but, for a few days, I have been top of the Liberal Democrat Voice Fantasy Football League. And, so that the moment is preserved for posterity, here is the proof.

Creeting Gentry FC didn't get off to a fantastic start - I wasn't paying enough any real attention to it for the first few weeks. But, since I cleared out the passengers in week six, it's been pretty much non-stop improvement. Astute use of my bench bonus in week seventeen, brought me into the challenging pack, and a fortunate choice of captain in week nineteen was the final lift I needed to go top, by a single point.

As we all know though, it doesn't matter how big a margin there is, as long as you're on the right side of it...

All I have to do now is stay there. It isn't very likely...

No comments: