Friday, November 01, 2013

And suddenly, it went dark... Day 2

Tuesday dawned sunny, and I got ready to go to work. At the usual 7.55, my Suffolk Links bus arrived to take me to the station where, upon arrival, it became clear that my community bus was the only thing working well.

No 8.11, no 8.29, the 8.45 nowhere to be seen but presumably eaten by desperate residents of Elmswell, I had no choice but to read my copies of The Times and the East Anglian Daily Times and find out just how bad things were. The answer, particularly in Suffolk? Very.

I got to work eventually, stopping for some breakfast on the way and performed my usual duties before heading for Bury St Edmunds for dinner and an evening's culture (I'll talk about that another time). The trains appeared to be running on time at least, and the burger I subsequently enjoyed was pretty good too.

On arriving home, the news was not good. The village was still in total darkness, although there were some consolations...
And there were still thousands of households across the county still without power... 

No comments: