Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Suffolk Conservatives - flattering themselves, somewhat...

I've had an amusing exchange with Colin Noble, one of the leading Tories on the County Council, and partner of Lisa, about manifestos.

I've always had a love hate relationship with manifestos - they're a lovely thing if you have time to write one, but the Party centrally does spend time drawing up a stack of policy, so I'd rather see the time spent campaigning rather than drafting a manifesto which four people will read and forty deliberately misinterpret.

So, the absence of a manifesto wouldn't particularly bother me - after all, putting out a leaflet that says what I stand for is rather more direct than pointing to a document I didn't write. It is nice that the Conservatives found time to write one though, even though much of it is fairly vacuous (yes, I have now read it - it didn't take long...). I will be reviewing it in due course.

On the other hand, I asked Colin some questions about the performance of the Conservative administration, and he's promised me an answer. Now, is that a promise, or an aspiration, Colin? Or will you employ somebody else to do it?

No comments: