Sunday, January 20, 2013

It's the lack of a sense of humour that makes you despair...

It would be fair to say that I have a slightly quirky sense of humour, and that it tends to be expressed in my blogging, both here and in my role as day editor for Liberal Democrat Voice. What I find surprising is not that other people don't get it, or even that they don't like it, it is the fact that some find it necessary to moan about it. 

I would probably be the first to admit that I don't entirely take politics seriously. Contrary to the expectations of others, it is not the be all and end all of my life - I am a liberal and a bureaucrat and I am one because I am the other. As a bureaucrat, I believe that you must treat people equally under the law, and that the purpose of the State is to enable people to have as much freedom as possible whilst protecting the vulnerable.

If you like, that's my passion, to enable others, and most of my 'political career' has been about that - not political, more organisational. I see my role in Liberal Democrat Voice as being part of that, about enabling debate, supplying information and, hopefully, a little bit of fun along the way.

So, to anyone out there who doesn't like that, get used to it, as I have absolutely no intention of changing unless I feel like it, or get bored, or decide that it's time to hand over to someone else. Any of those outcomes is possible, as my attention span is quite limited, and there are plenty of great people who could take over...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Who has been moaning? That's outrageous!And you are not allowed to give up until your replies to spam emails have been collated into an anthology because they are a work of genius:-)