Saturday, August 25, 2012

Dipping her toe back into the water... Ros blogs again...

It is, I suppose, my fault. It was with my encouragement that she first began to blog in 2008, under the title 'Because Baronesses Are People Too...', as I thought that her commentary would be of interest, both as part of her campaign for the Party Presidency, and as a window on what she does. I had, perhaps, not thought out the consequences...

So, when things became a bit tense, some people thought that her blog offered an opportunity for a public dissection of the events of the day. In truth, that wasn't particularly viable, as Ros is not the sort of person who enjoys that sort of public confessional, and more importantly, as she was in possession of all of the facts, some of them quite personal and sensitive, it was impossible to properly correspond.

Under pressure, she took the sensible decision, to my mind, of calling a halt to proceedings. That wasn't easy, but I understood her dilemma. And since then, she has not blogged, nor have I suggested to her that she might. I have offered her a space here, but she hasn't felt the need to take me up on it.

However, she was recently approached by the Hansard Society to become a contributor to 'Lords of the Blog' and, slightly to my surprise, was sufficiently interested to 'give it a whirl'. And I suspect that this will work for her, as it suits her rather more gentle style. She isn't really comfortable with the partisan 'my party right or wrong' approach, and she likes to talk about ideas. It also gives her an opportunity to post on a more occasional basis, without the pressure to report back frequently.

So, we'll see how it goes, and for those of you interested in what Ros does, or thinks, here's the link to her first posting...

No comments: