Sunday, February 12, 2012

Blogging: it's not about recognition... well, maybe it is... a bit

Much to my surprise, postings on this blog have been included in the Golden Dozen in two of the past three weeks. Surprise, because the blog has been relatively quiet of late, but also because I'm not prone to controversy (despite my opinion piece for Liberal Democrat Voice last week).

I don't really write with a mass audience in mind - my life isn't that exciting, and my opinions insufficiently 'spicy'. I don't hold a key position in the Liberal Democrats, my council is hardly one to grace the pages of Private Eye's 'Rotten Boroughs', and I'm quietly happy.

Of course, in the early days of Liberal Democrat Blogs, and of the Golden Dozen, I was a bit of a regular, with fifty entries in the first 131 Golden Dozens. It was, I must confess, a bit easier in those far off days, but I still appear from time to time, which is nice.


I'll have to keep up the blogging though. Given the propensity of Liberal Democrat Voice editors to fade into blogging oblivion, I'd like to strike a happy balance between reportage and gentle whimsy, between occasional frustration and tales of my rural idyll...

No comments: