Thursday, September 22, 2011

Total Politics Blog Awards: life is full of surprises

It's been a roller-coaster ride so far. Having been 42nd, 49th and 92nd on the list of the 100 top Liberal Democrat blogs when it was first published - we finally settled on 42nd - I had no great expectations beyond that.

So, you can imagine my surprise when, on checking the list of the top 100 Liberal Democrat bloggers, I found myself in 20th place (which does kind of make you wonder why the blog is 42nd, but who am I to argue?). That's not bad, if I say so myself. After all, there are some damned good bloggers above that - and some equally good ones further down.

This morning, however, I was looking at the councillor blogs, only to find that I write the 34th best councillor blog. Not the 34th best Liberal Democrat councillor blog, but the 34th best of any political stripe. It isn't as though I've won an election yet (well, if you count unopposed ones, I have, but...). And, apart from my ongoing philosophical struggle with the dilemmas of life on a small parish council, I don't actually do much councillor stuff - you'd be pretty desperately bored if I did, and the Chairman wouldn't like it.

And now I find that I am the 174th best political blogger which, I must confess, comes as a bit of a surprise. Clearly, given the fact that the content is not exactly exciting (harvest mice?), there can only be two explanations - I write well, or I have a lot of friends. Either is good (naturally, both would be better, but I leave that to viewer discretion).

Recognition is a good thing, on the whole, and can act as a useful spur to further activity. So, moving right along...
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments: