Monday, July 19, 2010

Good morning, National Express East Anglia! Still useless, I see...

Welcome to the 8.29 service from Stowmarket to London Liverpool Street, where we are, for the time being, on schedule for an 'on time arrival'. I have a reservation for seat 53A in coach F, which is a table seat, facing forward - very nice.

Except that there is no coach F. So, where is my reserved seat? No announcement, so I take an available seat, noting the absence of any reservations in coach E. The guard arrives to check my ticket, and I ask him where my reserved seat is. He tells me that there is no coach F (I'd kind of guessed that), and that a number of people have asked him where their seats are already.

Now call me naive if you will, but under such circumstances, I might either;
  1. Announce that there is a problem and advise people where their reserved seats actually are; or,
  2. Apologise for the failure to lay on coach F.
Apparently, there is a third option, which is to do and say nothing.

Oh well, another National Express East Anglia fail... Time to write them an e-mail, I think...

No comments: