Saturday, November 14, 2009

English Party - is the election of a new Chair not worth reporting?

Four weeks ago, I wrote about the contest to be Chair of the English Liberal Democrats. It drew little interest at the time, and none since. And now, courtesy of the Party President, I know the outcome. So, congratulations to Jonathan Davies on his success.


That's the last positive I can muster. It is a shocking indictment of an organisation that has tremendous influence on the running of the Party that there is no coverage of the outcome, no indication as to who will be running the English Party next year. You might almost suspect that they would prefer us not to know, as we might only want to hold them accountable.

Apparently, the results will be announced at English Council in two weeks time, and then published in Liberal Democrat News. Most unsatisfactory, to my mind, and implies that the rest of us aren't worth worrying about. As a Regional Secretary-elect, I will be making my displeasure known...

No comments: