Saturday, September 29, 2007

I'm a liberal guy, too cool for the macho ache...

I suppose that I really ought to note Iain Dale's new book, a rather dramatically expanded version of last year's guide to political blogging in the UK.


Last year, he very graciously ranked this blog 30th amongst Liberal Democrat blogs, much to my surprise at the time. This year, votes came from Liberal Democrat bloggers and I can now bask in the allegation that my ranking has climbed to 14th! Now, he has published his list of the top 500 political blogs in the country and I rank 185th.

I'm still surprised, and would like to thank those of you who so kindly voted for me. On the negative side, it's going to very hard to live up to the accolade, so I'd better just get on with it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"This year, votes came from Liberal Democrat bloggers..."

Yes, they did, but how much did they actually affect Iain Dale's final listings?

From what I read of his introduction, I got the impression that he had for instance moved Lib Dem Voice down as a punishment because it had started to criticise him instead of Ming.

And was it just a coincidence that Ming's site was the last of the 100, and not for instance number 99 or 101 (dropping it from the list all together). Listing it last Iain Dale just could have made a point.