Thursday, June 02, 2016

Campaign Diary: Day 26 - Bethany to the rescue!

I had run out of leaflets in Somersham on Saturday, leaving me with a small number of houses still undelivered in the core village, plus a few outliers. The plan had been that Ros and I would deliver them on Monday, but ill health meant that Ros wasn't able to drive.

Luckily, my step-son Jamie, and his fiancee, Bethany, were in town, and Bethany offered to drive me over to Somersham to get the job finished. The twelve remaining houses in Somersham proper were dealt with easily enough, leaving Blood Hill to be located and leafleted.

I would be intrigued to know why it is called Blood Hill. Perhaps a pirate got confused and failed to stop at the shoreline but, in reality, it's a single track road that weaves its way from Flowton Road back to Ipswich Road in Offton. There are four or five houses dotted along its length, and stretches that are totally enveloped by trees - very pretty on a sunny day. It was just a pity that the sun, so abundant on Saturday, was utterly absent on a cold, grey Bank Holiday Monday.

Job done, we headed back for a family dinner...

No comments: