Thursday, March 26, 2009

Liberal Bureaucracy has a new second cousin!

News reaches me that my cousin Clint and his wife Kalina have brought new Valladares life into the world - Kaia Elaine Valladares was born on Saturday. Here's a picture of mother and child, everybody say aah...

Kaia is their first child, and a continuation of a statistically unlikely pattern of births. My generation produced an overwhelming majority of boys, whilst this new generation is equally overwhelmingly female. Indeed, so much so that there is a risk, albeit a small one, that the Valladares line will screech to a halt. The five Valladares males in my generation have so far brought forth five girls and a boy, so no pressure, Lucas, no pressure...

2 comments:

Vulpine said...

Beautiful baby!

It's possible for husbands to take their wife's name, you know - that's what mine did, so that my rather unusual surname would not be lost to the world :o)

Hedzor said...

Funny!