Monday, December 15, 2008

Stratford to London Liverpool Street: taxi for Mr Bowker!

And so, replete with porky goodness, it is time to gather my belongings before fighting my way on to the Underground for the short journey to Euston Square and my office.

I'll shortly say goodbye to the staff of the restaurant car for the last time. And, whilst Richard Bowker, the head guy at National Express, carries on running his trains and coaches, doubtless upsetting Jonathan Wallace whilst he does so, I will be mourning the passing of another piece of railway heritage. Sorry, Mr Bowker, but you're not on my Christmas card list this year...

3 comments:

Jennie Rigg said...

My small person would like to know where one obtains one of those Zorb balls from, because she thinks they look like enormous fun, by the way.

Mark Valladares said...

Jennie,

Small people (and larger ones too) and thrill at the sight of a zorb in bucolic Dorset, just outside Dorchester. Try www.zorbsouth.co.uk for details and pictures... It isn't as good as the original in Rotorua, but it's probably worth the ride. Not cheap though...

Jennie Rigg said...

I shall have a look. Thanks!