Monday, December 15, 2008

Ipswich to Manningtree: getting my Vitamin C

Ros will testify that her efforts to persuade me to get my 'five a day' have settled on a more realistic 'five a week'. However, as part of my breakfast on the move, I get a glass of orange juice and a bowl of assorted citrus fruit. Very nice, gets the digestion moving a little in anticipation of the treat to follow.

The approach to the Stour Valley is usually one of the prettier parts of the run but, in sympathy with the air of nostalgic regret and sense of impending loss, the sky is grey and damp, and the farm animals are standing around, looking forlorn.

It just won't be the same in standard class...

3 comments:

Jennie Rigg said...

"Ros will testify that her efforts to persuade me to get my 'five a day' have settled on a more realistic 'five a week'."

LMAO! You BLOKE!

Mark Valladares said...

Good heavens, Jennie, I ate some cauliflower yesterday! What more do you want? Blood (oranges)?

Jennie Rigg said...

I won't be having any of my five a day today, because my dental torture this morning means that I am only allowed to put a very restricted list of things in my mouth. I'll have to have ten tomorrow...

Oh, wait, you're talking about VEGETABLES? Never mind... ;)