Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Christmas Message from the Honourable Lady Mark to an expectant nation...

Whilst the Queen is telling us all that it's our turn for an annus horribilis, I thought I might say something a little more uplifting.

For me, at least, 2008 has been a year of personal growth (in more than one way) and of increasing happiness. President-elect Ros and I got married, travelled the Liberal Democrat world, and triumphed against the apparent electoral odds. Yes, it's been a good year.

I've met some wonderful people, who have reminded me of why we do what we do for our cause, and seen some amazing places - Skara Brae, Blaenavon, the Mendips to name but three. My belief in what we seek to achieve as Liberal Democrats has been bolstered and, whilst we may disagree on the means, we do coalesce around the ends for the most part.

And so, a Merry Christmas to you all. Enjoy the festive season, take care of those whom you love, and find a little time for yourself - you're worth it. And now, if you'll excuse me, I have an appointment with a turkey that won't be kept waiting...

1 comment:

Jennie Rigg said...

Gobble gobble? ;)

Merry Newtonmas, your ladyship.