Friday, March 18, 2011

It's time to collect those nominations...

In the wonderful world of Parish Councils, we're not huge on elections. Indeed, last time there was a scheduled election in Creeting St Peter, there were only two volunteers for the five available places.

Things change though, and as nominations open for this year's exercise in micro-local democracy, I don't know whether or not we'll have enough candidates to force a contest. However, I can confirm that I am intending to be one of them.

I've got the nomination form, courtesy of our Parish Clerk, and now all I need to get the requisite signatures. This task is made rather easier by the fact that I only need a proposer and a seconder, which won't present too many difficulties, as I'm married to another village elector.

Wish me luck!...

No comments: