Thursday, March 24, 2011

The contest for Stowupland: do not distress the Returning Officer...

Well, it appears that I am not alone on the campaign trail in Stowupland, although I'm not exactly sure who my company is.

Yesterday, I received an e-mail from our chief agent, indicating that someone has been co-ordinating postal vote requests - all perfectly legal, of course. However, they were using their own form, which doesn't quite match up with the official Mid Suffolk District Council postal vote application form, which can be scanned for greater convenience and, above all, accuracy.

Apparently, our instructions are that, if we encounter someone who'd like a postal vote, we are to ring Mid Suffolk's Electoral Services team, who will send out a form. I'm fairly confident that my campaign team aren't using an obsolete form, so it must be someone else. Well, good luck to them, and if I don't see them beforehand, see you at the count!

No comments: