Tuesday, October 02, 2012

ELDR Congress... if I didn't have enough reading matter already...

As my e-mail inbox gets fuller and fuller, and my ability to deal with it all becomes stretched towards breaking point, I note the arrival of a file from the Party's International Office, enclosing all of the draft resolutions to be debated at next month's ELDR Congress in Dublin.

I also note that I only had six days to review them all and contribute my thoughts, and that three of them are gone already. Clearly, I can't do that or, at least, I can't do that on my own. So, I thought that I might do the next best thing, and pass one of the resolutions on for more expert consideration.

Luckily, there are usually people around who know more on a given topic than I do, so I've sent the first resolution, on LGBT rights, to LGBT+ Liberal Democrats. Hopefully, they'll have some suggestions to improve the document a bit.

I'm going to have to look at the rest of these tomorrow, to see what else I can pass on... I may well have struck upon a good idea here...

No comments: