Thursday, July 22, 2010

I am the very model of an LDV guest editor... (it scans, it scans!)

Good grief, I am astounded that any member of the Liberal Democrat Voice editorial team has time for a life. That is my primary finding from two weeks of preparing for my day as a (not entirely) serious journalistI admit to being a bit nervous, having tried out a few new skills - editor, interviewer and commissioner - and without any real idea how my efforts will be received.


However, that's only one day. The team at LDV Towers do this every day, rain or shine, whether they feel inspired or not. How do they do it?


Anyway, on with the medley, as they say. I began by coming up with a theme for the day, the House of Lords, and then mused on what might interest someone coming to the subject for the first time. I wanted to introduce some new faces, and to give a flavour of what goes on, but also to challenge the orthodoxy a little. Luckily, I have a few advantages in such a quest, which I have used without hesitation.


Hopefully, you will enjoy it, and the image of the House of Lords as a place where real political action takes place will be enhanced just a little... 



No comments: