Friday, April 09, 2010

Rail franchises - good, indifferent and...

Ros has brought home something shiny yesterday and I was duly mesmerised. It has trains, statistics and another opportunity to moan about my local Train Operating Company. What more could an irritable bureaucrat ask for then but a copy of the Autumn 2009 National Passenger Survey, produced by Passenger Focus?

I have been quite harsh in my criticism of National Express East Anglia over the past year, but had I been unrealistic in my expectations? It appears not.

In every category relating to train facilities, satisfaction ratings for NXEA passengers is below average except one, 'how well train company deals with delays', where they are average. Punctuality, cleanliness, value for money, toilet facilities, in every other category, they perform badly compared to other franchises. In other words, you can expect a worse experience on NXEA than you can with virtually any other franchise.

The only consolation is that First Capital Connect are even worse...

No comments: