Thursday, May 10, 2007

6 May - Happy Birthday, Georgia!

Up early to head to the airport for my flight to Auckland, I had a nice economy class seat to look forward to, despite the fact that I had used sufficient miles for a business class reward. However, on boarding the flight, I took the opportunity to point this out to the cabin manager who, noting that they had four unfilled seats, offered to give me one of them.

Thus, the journey was a much more pleasant one than I might have expected, and I reached New Zealand in good shape. A rapid journey through immigrations and customs and an equally quick ride into town allowed me sufficient time to buy some new luggage before I headed out to Birkenhead to join Warren, Tanya, Tamara and Georgia for the latter’s first birthday party.

Georgia is a very cute child, and I got to play with her a little before grabbing dinner and heading back to my hotel.

No comments: