Sunday, April 15, 2007

Another day, another glorious victory...

To Sydenham for an evening with Lewisham and Beckenham North Liberal Democrats for their quiz night. Once again, I found myself in a team with Grace Goodlad, Chair of Orpington, this time with her lovely husband Duncan, his daughter Jessica, and David McBride, leader of our group on Bromley Council.

With Philip Peake as quiz master, I should have guessed that the questions would be harder than on the usual Lib Dem quiz night, and the carnage was truly horrifying. You really shouldn't be able to win rounds with scores of four out of ten, but that was fairly standard. My favourite round was the music one, with ten fifteen second clips, all played backwards. It is a sign of the raw genius of our team that we managed to score 7½ out of 10, and ended up winning by 5½ points overall. The winning score? 43½ out of 100...

So, another successful raid across the border, following the triumph in Bexley two weeks ago. Anyone would think that I only turn up when I have a chance of winning... But seriously, it was a great night out, and I even managed to find time for some plotting and scheming...

1 comment:

Duncan Borrowman said...

You missed out on Borrowman's Buccaneers victory in Haringey.
Grace and I play under the name of "The Pussycats" in the Black Horse quiz in Bexley - with occasional guests, David McBride, Chris and Gill Eady and a friend of mine from Chelsfield (Bruce Cocks). The two of us have won against teams of 7 or 8!

Photo stolen onto my blog. I take it I have Rachael Collins to thank.