Friday, April 13, 2007

21st century bureaucracy

Having been persuaded to purchase a laptop by my mother (who hasn't personally progressed much beyond the answer to the question, "How do you turn it on?"), I used this evening to experiment with real time minuting. My typing speed is not impressive, I admit, operating as I do with two fingers, but it seems to be sufficient to minute a meeting effectively.

Tonight's guinea pigs were Brent Liberal Democrats, who now have a new Secretary, i.e. yours truly. Yes, I know that I don't live in the borough, and that I'm not a member of the Local Party, but all of this will be remedied in due course. So, temporarily, I'm an Officer of two Local Parties, both of which are blessed by having a council group who lead the administration.

And best of all, I don't have a set of minutes to type up, because they're already done! Efficiency, you can't beat it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think BlackBerrys are better