Friday, August 25, 2006

Return to the madding crowd

Alas, I am back in London after two weeks of quiet contemplation to find remarkably little piled up awaiting my attention (apart, of course, from five cats craving food, water and love). The calling notice for elections to the Regional Executive has arrived, so I have the task of coming up with 100 words to explain why I should be re-elected.

Last year, I came up with the following...

"Whilst truth, beauty and good administration are not necessarily synonymous, as Regional Secretary, I have tried to uphold all three in 2005. A better run Regional Executive makes for improved decision-making, greater transparency and involvement and better governance. In turn, you benefit from a more joined-up, more enabling Regional Party.


There is much still to do though and, if re-elected, I intend to utilise my quirky sense of humour, flair for systems and fanatical love of order to take the Regional Secretariat to new heights. “Vorsprung durch verwaltung” (projection through administration), as we say in Dulwich and West Norwood…"

Amazingly, I was re-elected so how do I follow that?

The e-mail is under control somewhat and whilst I do have some papers to type up, they won't take long. So a weekend of shopping, laundry and ironing awaits this bureaucrat. Can't wait...

No comments: